Today, a number of interesting bridges can still be seen. Built in 1340, Bishop Bridge is the only surviving Medieval bridge in the city and is one of the oldest bridges still in use in England. It crosses the river between Bishopgate and Bishop Bridge Road.
Fye Bridge, which connects Wensum Street and Fye Bridge Street, is the oldest known bridge crossing point in the city; it was also the site of a Medieval ducking stool where women suspected of being witches were held under water. The existing bridge was opened in 1933.
The Novi Sad Friendship Bridge was opened in 2001 and links King Street to Riverside. The Serbian town of Novi Sad is twinned with Norwich; this swing bridge is open to pedestrians and cyclists, and can be opened for large ships.
The most recently opened bridge is Peter’s Bridge, which crosses between St Helen’s Wharf and St James Place. This modern cycle and footbridge opened in 2012.
Also of interest might be the old cast-iron Duke Street toll bridge. This was built in 1822 but was removed when the street was widened in the 1970s and repositioned above the entrance to the Castle Mall car park where it can be seen today.